Questions: Section 1
- Name the three major natural regions of North Dakota.
- Which region has the most fertile soil? What makes soil fertile? Name the main crops of this region.
- Which region covers most of the eastern half of North Dakota? How did this region get good soil?
- Which region is the highest land in the state? What is the eastern part of this region called?
- Which part of North Dakota was not covered by the last glacier? What created the features of this area? What type of agriculture is practiced in this area?
- What kind of climate does North Dakota have? Describe this climate.
- Which part of the state gets the most precipitation? Which part of the state has the coldest temperatures?
- What two factors determine the type of agriculture that can be practiced in a region?
Critical Thinking Question
- Why don’t people go fishing in Lake Agassiz?