Questions: Sections 16-17
- Name some favorable circumstances that North Dakota farmers had during World War II that they had not had during World War I.
- Where and when did World War II begin? How many North Dakota men and women joined the military? How many of them were killed?
- Who left North Dakota between 1940 and 1945? Where did they go?
- What did the REA do for farm families? What form of entertainment did North Dakota farm families get for the first time in the 1950s?
- What did President Nixon do in the early 1970s that resulted in huge profits for North Dakota farmers?
- In the late 1970s, what fell, and what went up? What happened between 1975 and 1985?
- What are some North Dakota farmers concerned about today?
Critical Thinking Question
- Imagine that you were growing up on a farm in the 1940s. What would you do for entertainment? Explain.