Questions: Sections 3-4
- What are North Dakota’s three natural regions?
- What natural feature forms the eastern border of North Dakota?
- What direction does the Red River flow?
- How many years ago did the last glacier in North Dakota melt?
- What was the gigantic lake that was formed when rivers were blocked by glaciers?
- How long did Lake Agassiz exist?
- What is the lake bed of Lake Agassiz now called?
- Why has the Red River Valley been called “The Breadbasket of the World?"
- What is the lowest land in North Dakota?
- How does the width of the Red River Valley vary?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Why can we say that the Red River Valley was misnamed?
- Why don’t people go fishing in Lake Agassiz?