Questions: Sections 8-9
- What were army leaders called? What were men called who joined the army for a job?
- What were some forms of entertainment for the soldiers at army forts?
- Name the color used to decorate the uniforms of each branch of the army.
- Wives and children who lived with soldiers at the forts were called what?
- What were the women who did the soldiers’ laundry called?
- In what section of the fort did the laundresses live?
- Which people were most affected by the westward movement of Euro-Americans?
- What ended the Frontier Era in North Dakota?
Critical Thinking Question
- Life at the frontier army forts was difficult. Explain why each of the following may have chosen this life: enlisted man, camp follower, officer’s wife, laundress.