Questions: Sections 3-4
- About how long did the Paleozoic Era last?
- What covered all of North Dakota several times?
- What began growing at the edges of the seas?
- What type of animal developed during the Paleozoic Era?
- How was sedimentary rock formed?
- What is the bowl-shaped region that covers much of western North Dakota called?
- What is a fossil?
- Name three fossil fuels.
- Petroleum and natural gas were formed from what?
- Where in North Dakota are many oil wells located?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Why didn’t people fish in the seas that covered North Dakota?
- Why doesn’t eastern North Dakota have oil wells?