Questions: Section 9
- The Quaternary Period is part of what era?
- The Quaternary Period is sometimes called what?
- What is a glacier?
- Name the last glacier that moved over North Dakota.
- Name the gigantic lake that formed when rivers were blocked by glaciers.
- What very large mammals lived in North Dakota during the Quaternary Period of the Cenozoic Era?
- Why do the Badlands look so different from the rest of the state?
- What is the red rock called that is formed from lignite coal burning underground?
- What is scoria?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Why does the Red River Valley have such rich farmland?
- Why don’t people go fishing in Lake Agassiz?