Questions: Sections 1-2
- Name the two leading fur trading companies which branched down from Canada into North Dakota, and tell where each was from.
- Who set up the first fur trading post in North Dakota?
- Who set up the first permanent fur trading post in North Dakota? What was it called?
- Who gave birth to the first non-Indian baby in North Dakota?
- Name the water plants that Alexander Henry liked to eat.
- Name the two classes of furs and give examples of each.
- What did John Fubbister do that surprised everyone?
- What was John Fubbister’s real name?
Critical Thinking Question
- Do you think women should have been allowed to work in the fur trading business? Explain.