Questions: Sections 1-2
- What is a frontier? What is an era?
- Who are Euro-Americans?
- Who lived in North Dakota before the frontier era?
- Name the most powerful European countries in the 1700s and 1800s.
- Which country claimed all the land drained by the Mississippi River and its tributaries in the 1700s?
- What part of North Dakota was included in the Louisiana Territory?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Explain who Europeans are and give examples.
- Explain how clothing fashions in Europe affected American Indians in North Dakota.