Questions: Section 10
- What is a transition?
- How did thousands of Indians die?
- What tribes make up the Three Affiliated Tribes?
- What happened to the millions of bison that had roamed the plains for thousands of years?
- When the Dakota Territory was split into states, which two states were given the Indian name for “friend”?
- What did all American Indians become after the U.S. government passed a law in 1924?
- What are young American Indian people now encouraged to learn?
- Who are the warriors of today?
- What other people are shown special honor and respect?
- How are religious freedoms and cultural practices protected today?
- The more we know how other people live and feel, the more we will treat them in what way?
Critical Thinking Question
- Give examples showing that all people are alike.