Questions: Sections 1-2
- What is a large group of people organized under one government called?
- A group of people who makes rules for the nation is called what?
- What are members of a nation called?
- In what two ways can citizenship be obtained?
- What is allegiance?
- What does sovereign mean?
- What did Great Britain set up along the Atlantic coast in the 1600s and early 1700s?
- What were the leaders who established the United States called?
- What are the natural rights that the Founding Fathers thought needed to be protected?
- What was the document called which stated that the colonies would form a sovereign nation?
- What war was fought in order for the colonies to become independent from Great Britain??
- What is a government called that is ruled by the people?
- In what plan of democracy do the people elect representatives to speak for them in the government?
- What was the plan of government called that the Founding Fathers wrote?
Critical Thinking Questions
A couple who have always lived in North Dakota are on vacation in Mexico when their baby is born. How does the child become a U.S. citizen?
Do you think it would have been easy for the 13 British colonies to unite? Explain.