Questions: Sections 1-2
- When Europeans “discovered” North America, who had already been living on this continent for thousands of years and were the first people to live in North Dakota?
- Archaeologists believe that the first people to arrive on this continent came from which continent? When?
- What is the narrow body of water that separates Asia from North America called?
- What were early ancestors of the American Indians called?
- What does “paleo” mean?
- What happened to the mastodons, woolly mammoths, and other prehistoric animals when the climate and vegetation changed?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Did Columbus and other Europeans really discover America? Explain.
- Explain how the glaciers affected the Bering Strait.