Questions: Section 3
- What was the size range of the bonanza farms? What was the only crop raised?
- Name the bonanza farm manager who became a large bonanza farm owner himself.
- What family owned over 75,000 acres and had a town named after them? What means of transportation did they own to ship their wheat? They were the first to use what in North Dakota?
- Name one of the owners of the Dwight Farm who later became the first North Dakota governor.
- Which bonanza farm is now a tourist attraction in the southeastern part of the state?
- Name the oldest town in Wells County, which was named after an English bonanza farmer.
- Who usually managed the kitchen and dining areas on bonanza farms? Where did all the food come from?
- Most of the bonanza farms were being split up by what year?
Critical Thinking Question
- A factory is a business in which each worker does a certain job in order to produce large quantities of a product. Explain why a bonanza farm could be called a “factory farm.”