Questions: Section 5
- The North Dakota state flag was copied after what flag?
- Who owns the Great Seal of North Dakota?
- Whose permission is needed in order to use the Great Seal of North Dakota?
- What is North Dakota’s motto?
- What is a shield with designs that represents a family or government called?
- What is in the center of the North Dakota Governor’s flag? In each corner?
- Name these state symbols:
Critical Thinking Questions
- The American Elm, North Dakota’s state tree, is pictured on the Great Seal of North Dakota. The Great Seal was designed when North Dakota became a state. How many years later was the American Elm chosen as the state tree?
- Do you think the North Dakota flag does a good job of representing North Dakota? Explain.
- What are some other symbols that you would like North Dakota to adopt as state symbols? Why?