Questions: Sections 1-5
- How many counties does North Dakota have?
- Where are the offices of county government located?
- What is the main governing body of a county called?
- Name the county officials and tell the main responsibility of each.
- What is a square measuring six miles on each side called?
- Name the elected officials who supervise the township government.
- Who determines what property is worth for tax purposes?
- What is a city law called?
- The state of North Dakota does not have authority over what sovereign nations located within the borders of the state?
- What people in the state are equal to the Governor of North Dakota?
Critical Thinking Question
Name the three forms of city government used in North Dakota and name a city for each form. (Answers may vary.)