Questions: Section 2
- What is a large group of people in an area who are organized under one government called?
- When a nation can govern itself, it is called what kind of nation?
- Name the three large sovereign nations on the continent of North America.
- People from countries on the continent of Europe are called what?
- What is a sovereign nation of American Indians called?
- What is land reserved for Indians called?
- What is an agreement made between the U.S. government and an Indian tribe called?
- Tribal members are citizens of what two nations?
- Where is each tribe headquartered?
- Name the five nations, or tribes, located in North Dakota.
Critical Thinking Question
- Explain why state laws do not apply to Indian reservations.