Questions: Sections 1-2
- Who makes up an extended family?
- Which people were the most respected members of the tribe?
- Who were considered to be the most precious people in a family?
- What did a mother use to carry her baby safely on her back?
- How were children expected to learn?
- How did adults treat the children so that they would learn to be kind to all living things?
- What did many of the children’s games copy?
- When a boy was becoming a man, he would go out by himself to have what?
- Why were women thought of as being closer to the Great Spirit than men?
- When a man wanted to get married, what was the most valuable gift he could give his bride’s family?
- When a couple got married, where would they often live?
Critical Thinking Question
- Why were there usually more women than men?